You decided that rehab is a good place for you to start your life over again. Good decision on your part! However, you may be asking yourself what you should take and not take with you. Here are a few things that you should do before going to rehab.
First, call the treatment center that you will be going to. Ask them for a list of things that you can and cannot take with you. If you cannot get a hold of anyone and your plane is set to leave in a few hours, here are a few tips on what to take and not take with you.
- No cell phones. Most treatment centers do not allow you to have cell phones because you cannot make personal calls while you are in treatment. Most rehabs have it set so that you can call home with a person assisting you. This may be a counselor that is assigned to work with you. If you don’t think that you should have it, the best thing to do is to leave it at home.
- Illegal Substances should not be taken with you. This may seem a bit obvious, but many people forget to empty their pockets before boarding a plane. If you have cocaine or heroin in your pocket, you will get stopped at the airport and may even be arrested for having illegal contraband.
- Guns, Knives, protection devices should be left at home. Many states allow people to carry these types of weapons on them. However, they don’t belong in a rehab. You don’t want to put anyone in danger at rehab. You also don’t want people to think that you are a danger to be around.
- Expensive and Sentimental Items should be kept home. If you normally wear the ring that your mother gave to you when you were 5, it is best to leave that at home. If you lose it in a rehab, there is a good chance that you will not find it again. You don’t know who you are bunking with or what their background is in regards to theft.
- Sexy revealing clothing should be left at home as well. There is no need to pack your short shorts or your fish net tank tops. These are often a “no, no” at a treatment center. You don’t to wear shirts that have a marijuana plant on it or anything that can remind you of taking drugs.
Rehab is a time for you to focus on you and why you are taking drugs to begin with. Forget about looking beautiful at rehab for now. Forget about impressing people. You only need to focus on you for now.